[ARCHIVED]Exchange Online Archive | Manage Office 365
* SharePoint Server 2013, SharePoint Server 2010, and SharePoint 2007: Review, Architecture Development, Planning, Configuration & Implementations, Upgrades, Global Initiatives, Training, and Post Go-live Support with Extensive Knowledge Transfer
* Health Check and Assessments (Roadmap Preparation to Upgrade to 2013 or 2010) - Including Custom Code & Solution Review
* Enterprise Content Management Systems based on Microsoft SharePoint
set-mailbox jstocker –ManagedFolderMailboxPolicy $null
This is what the Online Archive looks like from within the Outlook 2010 client:
I would be happy to talk further with you on our Hosted Exchange and our email Archiving.
What happens if you don't do this? It depends.
For a small number of messages, there is no issue. But if Exchange is moving more messages to Office 365 while the mailbox is actively used, the end user might experience extreme slowness or Outlook may become unresponsive.
You can also move messages or folders by right clicking on the item you wish to move and selecting Move or Move Folder from the context menu. You will be presented with a dialog box that allows you to select an appropriate new location and an OK button you can click on to complete the process.
How do I remove my PST files from Outlook when I am done with them?
It is recommended you remove the unneeded/empty PST files from Outlook to avoid confusing them with the Online Archive. When you have transferred all of the folders and messages from your .pst file to your new Online Archive you can remove the PST file from Outlook (Windows only) by
- Right-clicking on the .PST
- then and selecting ‘Close “Name of PST”’ from the context menu.
NOTE: The PST file will not be deleted, it will just stop being visible within Outlook.
- An integrated management interface lets you manage your cloud-based archives from within the Exchange Administration Center.
- Unlimited storage is standard for every user’s archive, providing access to all historical information and easing the burden on your storage requirements.
- eDiscovery features help you to find, produce, and manage data across your organization in an easy-to-use web interface.
- IT-level phone support is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
As an administrator, if you again look at the mailbox, under in-place archive you will see an option View Details. Selecting that will show you a window providing details of the mailbox. Remember, this options vary depending on the Exchange Online plan the mailbox is subscribed for.
You can of course do the same thing with PowerShell, using the enable-mailbox command:
Enable-Mailbox –Identity [email protected] -Archive
It will assist you in developing a roadmap and detailed step-by-step implementation plan and will also cover implementation best practices, content management and records management methodologies, initial SharePoint 2013 development best practices, as well as mobility planning.
SharePoint 2013, Microsoft SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Consulting, Microsoft SharePoint consulting, SharePoint Consulting Firm, Top SharePoint Firm, SharePoint 2013 Consulting,SharePoint 2010 Consulting, SharePoint ECM Consulting, SharePoint branding firm, SharePoint, SharePoint branding experts, ECM experts SharePoint, Errin O'Connor, EPC Group, EPC Group.net, BizTalk Consulting, Project Server Consulting, BYOD, SharePoint 2013 book, SharePoint 2013 advice from the trenches